M7 Traffic Advisory 6 January 2018
Description of works
This contract consists of three major elements and is scheduled for full completion early 2020:
- Widening the existing M7 motorway from two lanes to three lanes both eastbound and westbound for approximately 14km, between Junction 9 Naas North, at Maudlins (Perpetual Motion Ball) and the M7/M9 interchange at Junction 11.
- Replacing and relocating the existing ramps at Junction 10 Naas South Newhall to the main Naas Newbridge dual carriageway, the R445. Also to include the construction of a new interchange at Osberstown between Junctions 9 and 10 which will be designated Junction 9a.
- The Sallins Bypass which includes approximately 1.7km of new Type 2 Dual Carriageway and 2.0km of single carriageway, together with a 1.2km single carriageway link road from the Bypass to Sallins town centre.
Commencing Saturday 6 January 2018, works on the M7 mainline between Junction 8 (Johnstown) and Junction 10 (Naas South) will commence in the median. To accommodate these works, the following traffic restrictions will be put in place.
- Speed restricted to 60kph through the work site, which will be monitored by An Garda Síochána.
- 2 lanes of traffic will be maintained in both directions during daytime hours.
- Traffic will be moved onto the existing hard shoulder and the current Lane 1. Please see typical cross section diagram below.
- Traffic lane widths will be restricted to 3m and 3.25m in width.
- There will be no lay-bys or areas within the work zones for stopping.