Public Consultation – Draft Landscape Documents
PUBLIC CONSULTATION NOTICE
11th January 2019
Public Consultation in relation to Landscape Character Assessment (LCA) and Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) for specified linear infrastructure projects in Ireland
Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) engaged landscape, planning and environmental consultants, Brady Shipman Martin (BSM), to prepare two draft documents for TII which are now open for public consultation.
The documents are:
1. Document 1 – PE-ENV-01104: Draft “Overarching” Technical Document (OTD) providing guidance on Landscape Character Assessment (LCA) and Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) of specified proposed linear infrastructure (light railway, metro railway, bus rapid transit (BRT), cycleways and proposed national roads). This document will provide guidance on best practice methodology for undertaking Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment of Specified Linear Infrastructure Projects and for the use of Landscape Character Assessment in the establishment of the landscape baseline.
2. Document 2 – PE-ENV-01105: Draft Standards Document (SD) regulating LCA and LVIA of proposed national roads, including motorway service areas and toll schemes. This standard is to be used to assess the likely landscape and visual impacts of proposed national road development and for the use of Landscape Character Assessment in the establishment of the landscape baseline for such projects.
The development of the documents was guided by a TII Steering Committee, External Peer Review group, and External Stakeholders, with representatives from:
- Irish Landscape Institute (ILI)
- Irish Planning Institute (IPI)
- Heritage Council (HC)
- Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht (DCHG)
The closing date for receipt of comments is 5pm on Friday 15th February 2019 .
Please email your comments using the attached comment sheet to:
Comments may also be submitted in writing to the following address:
Environmental Policy and Compliance Section, Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Parkgate Business Centre, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8, D08DK10.
TII processes personal data in accordance with its Data Protection Notice available at www.tii.ie/about/about-tii/Data-Protection.
Freedom of Information and Access to Information on the Environment
TII is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2014 and the European Communities (Access to Information on the Environment) Regulations 2007 to 2018. Submissions received as part of this public consultation will, accordingly, be subject to the provisions of the Act and Regulations.
Publication of Public Consultation Report
Following this public consultation a report, in a tabular matrix format for ease of access, shall be prepared and, subsequently, published on TII’s website. The report shall document: the comments received; the responses to these comments; and, the actions taken (where deemed appropriate) in incorporating comments into the documents. Personal information, including contact details and any commercially sensitive information, will, however, be omitted from any published extracts of submissions.
By making a submission under this public consultation exercise you are indicating your acknowledgement of and consent to the above.