TII Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment Guidelines - Public Consultation
Following peer and stakeholder reviews, Archaeological Management Solutions (AMS) is conducting a Public Consultation on behalf of TII on the new draft guidelines relating to Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment (CHIA). The Guidance and Standards aim to regulate assessment of the impacts on the Cultural Heritage of projects funded by or carried out under the auspices of TII. These will particularly relate to the production and delivery of Cultural Heritage outputs for:
- Option Selection Reports,
- Environmental Impact Assessment Reports, and/or
- Environmental Reports.
The purpose of these Guidances and Standards is to:
- Outline the application of CHIA during the planning, assessment, and design stages for proposed TII Projects.
- Outline the review process of the application and implementation of CHIA to ensure appropriate evaluation and analysis of the baseline (or receiving Cultural Heritage environment) within which a Project is being planned.
- Apply CHIA in a manner that is proportionate to the complexity and scale of a Project and the likely significance of its Cultural Heritage effects.
- Provide consistency to the consideration of CHIA during the planning, selection, design, assessment, and delivery phases of a Project as set out in TII’s Project Management Guidelines (PMG), Project Manager’s Manuals (PMM) and Project Appraisal Guidelines (PAG).
- Assist proposed Projects to achieve their Cultural Heritage objectives in line with legislative requirements and government policy, including enhancement of the Cultural Heritage environment and experience of the end user, where possible.
To participate, please click on the following link: https://www.ams-consultancy.com/tii-public_survey/
All submissions must be received by 9am Monday 21st February 2022.
Please visit the project website for more information: https://www.ams-consultancy.com/tii-guidance-and-standards-project/