Be Winter Ready
Is your vehicle Winter-Ready?
You should get your car serviced before winter sets in to make sure it is ready for the conditions which will undoubtedly arrive when least expected! There are some things you can do yourself:
• Lights - Make sure all your indicators and headlamps are clean and working
• Liquids - Make sure the water reservoir is up to the maximum mark and correctly mixed with anti-freeze. You may also need to top up your coolant and screen wash
• Oil - Check your dipstick and top up the oil if necessary. Look for signs of leakages on the ground under the car
• Electrics - Check your dashboard before and after starting the engine. Listen for a weak battery and replace if necessary
• Windscreen wipers - you should clean them regularly and replace them every 12 months
• Tyres - Check your tyre treads and pressure, including the spare. While the minimum legal limit is 1.6mm, a minimum tread of 3mm is advised for winter driving
• Safety Assist - Check your vehicle’s owner’s manual and find out if it has any safety assist technology e.g. ABS
For further information please visit the "Be Winter Ready" information website here.