TRA2024 Coming to Dublin April 2024
Following the successful TRA2022 conference in Lisbon on 14-17 November 2022, Ireland has now assumed the presidency of TRA and has started in earnest to make plans for TRA2024 Dublin which will take place at the RDS on 15-18 April 2024. The TRA baton was formally accepted by his Excellency Ralph Victory, the Irish Ambassador to Portugal, on behalf of the Irish Government at the TRA2022 Closing Ceremony on 18 April 2022.
The QR code and this link can be used register interest in TRA2024
Background to TRA
The Transport Research Arena (TRA) conference is now firmly established and has become one of the preeminent transport conferences that is organised every two years in a different European city. The target groups of the TRA include the research and academia community, the industry and private sector, policy-makers as well as public administrations active within the field of transport. The mission of the Transport Research Arena (TRA) is to support the alignment and cooperation of European, national, and regional research, innovation and deployment actions in transport by enhancing the networking and clustering of Europe’s research, innovation and development capacity based on strategic research, innovation and deployment frameworks on a shared agenda.
For more information visit TRA Conference - Transport Research Arena
The first TRA conference was held in Goteburg, Sweden, in 2006 and since then has become a key European transport conference for presenting the latest research and innovation in the transport sector, covering all modes of transport: road, rail, water, aviation as well as cross-modality and passenger/freight transport in urban and inter-urban settings. The conference addresses the main challenges in transport and mobility of people and goods, with respect to energy, environment, safety and security and socio-economic issues. It aims to explore the most advanced research works and innovations, the latest technological and industrial developments and implementations, and innovative policies, in Europe and worldwide. As a wide forum open to all interested parties, it is a unique occasion to promote transport.
TRA provides the arena for:
- Research, industry, public administrations, transport operators, users and other stakeholders across all transport modes
- Policy makers framing research and transport policy
- New ideas, technological solutions and new business models
- Experiencing the future of transport and mobility
- Mobilising the best brains and exchanges of information and best practices
TRA is co-organised by the European Commission and a number of European transport-related organisations covering all transport modes. The stakeholders are:
- The European Commission
- Conference of European Directors of Roads (CEDR)
- European Road Transport Research Advisory Council (ERTRAC)
- European Rail Research Advisory Council (ERRAC)
- European Technology Platform Waterborne (Waterborne)
- European Technology Platform Alliance for Logistics Innovation through Collaboration in Europe (ALICE)
- European Construction, built environment and energy efficient building Technology Platform (ECTP)
- Advisory Council for Aviation Research and Innovation in Europe (ACARE)
- European Transport Research Alliance (ETRA)
- The hosts of the upcoming TRA - once the selection process has been completed
Ireland has been approved as the host of TRA2024 in April 2024 by TRAManagement Committee.