Motorway Service Areas
TII is directly involved in the provision of on-line service areas on motorways and high quality dual carriageways.
It is increasingly accepted that a safe road network includes the provision of sufficient parking areas to allow drivers to stop and rest. In fact, this need has recently been given legal standing by European Union regulations under the Trans-European Transport Networks (TEN-T) policy.
On-line Service Areas
TII is directly involved in the provision of on-line service areas on motorways and high quality dual carriageways. This is distinct from off-line areas, i.e. locations at, or near, interchanges or further distant from the motorway/dual carriageway mainline.
View and download our current Motorway Service Areas Policy.
TII Service Area Programme
- Lusk service area: The M1 South Service Area is located near Lusk on the M1 motorway within County Dublin;
- Castlebellingham service area: The M1 North Service Area is located near Castlebellingham on the M1 motorway within County Louth; and
- Enfield service area: The M4 Service Area is located along the M4 motorway between Enfield and Kinnegad on the motorway route between Dublin and Galway.
- Athlone service area: DBFMO of a service area located on the M6 motorway approximately 5km east of Athlone;
- Kilcullen service area: DBFMO of a service area located on the M9 motorway approximately 10km south of M7/M9 junction; and
- Gorey service area: The fit out and operation & maintenance of a service area on the M11 motorway approximately 10km north of Gorey.